Proven technology, proven designs –
quality products you can trust.
High quality oils and lubricants from Busch ensure the efficient and reliable operation of vacuum pumps, blowers and compressors. Our experts can advise you on the most suitable oil or lubricant for your application.
Busch oils are compliant with relevant international regulations including the International Standards Organization (ISO). We offer a selection of bearing grease, gear oil and synthetic oil to ensure a perfect fit for every application and pump type.
R-530 & R-540
Highly refined hydrocarbon oils with a high viscosity index, these oils give excellent lubricating performance where rust, oxidation, and/or high bearing and gear loading are not problems. They have excellent water separation and oxidation resistance. Generally used with R 5 and Huckepack series vacuum pumps.
|Safety Data Sheet, R-530 (Only USA) english (1.1 MB pdf-File)|
This is a polyalphaolefin (PAO) synthetic hydrocarbon oil suited for lubricating gears and bearings operating in medium to severe duty conditions, including high temperatures and long oil servicing intervals. It has excellent oxidation and thermal stability, rust and corrosion protection, a low pour point and a high viscosity index. Generally used with select ME and MM series vacuum pumps.
|Safety Data Sheet, R-550 (Only USA) english (867.3 kB pdf-File)|
Specially formulated synthetic flushing fluid capable of dissolving varnish and solubilizing sludge from lubricating systems. Contains oxidation and rust inhibitors. A high flash point and non-toxic nature ensures safety in its applications. Generally used with R 5 series vacuum pumps.
|Safety Data Sheet, R-568 (Only USA) english (1.1 MB pdf-File)|
R-570 & R-580
Polyalphaolefin (PAO) synthetic hydrocarbon oils provide improved lubrication at high and low temperatures, compatibility with hydrocarbon oils and reduced volatility. It is a long life lubricant formulated with rust and oxidation inhibitors. Generally used with R 5 series vacuum pumps. R-580 is registered with NSF as an H2 lubricant.
|Safety Data Sheet, R-570 (Only USA) english (1.1 MB pdf-File)|
|Safety Data Sheet, R-580 (Only USA) english (1.2 MB pdf-File)|
Hydrocracked, semi-synthetic, dewaxed, paraffinic oil specifically designed for long life under severe conditions. Characteristics include: very low vapor pressure, exceptional stability – oxidative, thermal, and viscosity – low evaporation loss, chemical resistant, rust and corrosion inhibited, and resistance to carbon buildup. Generally used with R 5 series vacuum pumps. This oil is registered with the NSF as an H2 NSF lubricant.
|Safety Data Sheet, R-590 (Only USA) english (1.2 MB pdf-File)|
Synthetic food grade oil. Custom blended polyaphaolefin (PAO) synthetic hydrocarbon fluid for improved lubrication at high and low temperatures, reduced volatility, and compatibility with mineral oils and equipment designed for use with mineral oils. Generally used with R 5 series vacuum pumps. This oil is registered with the NSF as an H1 lubricant.
|Safety Data Sheet, R-605 (Only USA) english (1.1 MB pdf-File)|
Synthetic oil for standard and high vacuum applications that pump air, inert gases, noble gases, ammonia, weak-aggressive solvent fumes, hydrogen, silane, and up to 21% oxygen. Generally used with R 5 series vacuum pumps.
|Safety Data Sheet, R-610 (Only USA) english (702.6 kB pdf-File)|
Fomblin® perfluorinated polyether fluids composed of fluorine, carbon, and oxygen only. They exhibit excellent heat stability and chemical inertness. It is non-toxic, nonflammable, non-reactive and has good wear properties at low and high temperatures. Generally used with R 5 series vacuum pumps.
An all-purpose, non-melt bearing grease that is specially formulated with extreme pressure and anti-wear additives, this oil contains special rust and corrosion inhibitors that provide greater protection for equipment. Exceptionally resistant to acids, water, salts, spray, weather, dirt, steam and oxidation, it has excellent adhesive and cohesive properties.
This is a high temperature, high purity bearing grease that can operate in wide temperature ranges, has low dynamic viscosity and has a special synthetic base oil/thickener.
A high temperature, lithium based naphthenic bearing grease.
A chemically inert lubricating perfluorinated polyether bearing grease, this type of grease is required when handling reactive or oxidizing substances. It is compatible with all types of material and its' properties remain unaltered over wide temperature ranges.
This is a fully synthetic Diester oil specifically designed to provide long term lubrication in process pumps. Generally used with COBRA NC and Panda WV series vacuum pumps.
VS 220 - has been substituted by VS 150
This is a high performance, fully synthetic gear oil formulated for a wide range of difficult medium to heavy duty applications, particularly at extreme temperatures and where minimum deposits are required. It is used with all types of enclosed gears and is suitable for heavy duty ball and roller bearings. Generally used with select Mink MI, MM, and MV series vacuum pumps.
Proven mineral oils for vacuum pumps and compressors in standard applications. Ideal when vacuum pumps or compressors are not subject to particularly high demands.
A synthetic oil for foodstuff applications based on polyalphaolefin (PAO). Developed to provide outstanding corrosion protection in moist product applications, certified to H1 standard. Ideal for R 5 rotary vane vacuum pumps used for packaging foodstuff with high moisture content.
A synthetic oil based on polyalphaolefin (PAO). Developed especially for use in the food industry. Lasts four times longer than comparable mineral oils and provides outstanding thermal and oxidation stability.
YLC 250 B
A chemically inert operating fluid based on perfluoropoly ether (PFPE) used essentially for gearboxes, and for vacuum pumps and compressors involving elevated oxygen content.
Safety Data Sheet, VM 022 english (71.7 kB pdf-File)
Safety Data Sheet, VM 032 068 100 150 english (65.9 kB pdf-File)
Safety Data Sheet, VE 101 english (77.2 kB pdf-File)
Safety Data Sheet, VS 150 english (64.9 kB pdf-File)
Safety Data Sheet, VMA 055 english (69.8 kB pdf-File)
Safety Data Sheet, VSC 100 english (63.7 kB pdf-File)
Safety Data Sheet, VSA 032 068 100 english (59.6 kB pdf-File)
Safety Data Sheet, VSB 032 068 100 english (59.7 kB pdf-File)
Safety Data Sheet, VSL 032 068 100 english (80.9 kB pdf-File)
Safety Data Sheet, YLC 250 B english (69.2 kB pdf-File)
Safety Data Sheet, VSD 026 english (64.2 kB pdf-File)
Safety Data Sheet, VSI 100 english (68.3 kB pdf-File)
Safety Data Sheet, VMH 100 english (65.2 kB pdf-File)
Safety Data Sheet, MSD R 605 english (1.1 MB pdf-File)
Certificate, H1 Certificate VSA 032 english (308.4 kB pdf-File)
Certificate, Kosher Certificate VSA / VSB english (269.4 kB pdf-File)
Certificate, Halal Certificate VSA / VSB english (2.2 MB pdf-File)
Certificate, H1 Certificate VSA 068 english (308.4 kB pdf-File)
Certificate, H1 Certificate VSA 100 english (308.0 kB pdf-File)
Certificate, H1 Certificate VSB 032 english (300.0 kB pdf-File)
Certificate, H1 Certificate VSB 068 english (300.1 kB pdf-File)
Busch Vacuum App
Register Your Vacuum Pump – Save Time, Costs and Energy!
Register Busch vacuum pumps and profit from time- and cost-saving features.
- Students of the Old Dominion University visited our German headquarters in Maulburg to learn more about technical professions in Germany.
- Busch SE (the “Busch Group”) and Pfeiffer Vacuum Technology AG (“Pfeiffer Vacuum”) today signed an agreement governing future strategic collaboration between the two companies.
- As a comprehensive supplier, EG Fleischwarenfabrik Dieter Hein GmbH & Co. KG produces a wide array of meat and sausage specialities for customers across Europe and the US.
- From a wastewater treatment plant to an energy factory – Valei en Veluwe wastewater association's vision has become a reality. The ultra-modern RWZI Amersfoort wastewater treatment plant is one of...
- The concept, design and realization of central vacuum supplies is one of Busch Vacuum Pumps and Systems' core competencies. Thousands of such vacuum systems are in operation worldwide. A wide range...
- Which vacuum pump achieves the highest efficiency factor? A direct comparison can answer this question, as long as the test setup has been designed sensibly. A recently published comparison study...
- The exact observance of pressures or pressure curves in vacuum-assisted processes in process engineering is an important parameter for ensuring optimum efficiency and the best product quality....
- The core competency of Capua 1880, a company based in southern Italy, is the production of high-quality essential oils from citrus fruits. These oils are used in many areas, including the...
- The 2018 Busch Innovation in Vacuum Award has been presented to the Canadian company Les Équipements Lapierre (Lapierre Equipment Inc.). By employing Busch's Mink dry claw vacuum pumps, the company...
- The Management of the Busch group has agreed with the Management Board of Pfeiffer Vacuum Technology AG (Pfeiffer Vacuum) to conclude a strategic cooperation agreement (Relationship Agreement) and...
- The production of undersea cables is the core competence of Norddeutsche Seekabelwerke, which belongs to General Cable. The insulation layer and gelcoat around the cable strands are made of...
- The waste water treatment plant in Iffezheim is now able to realize high energy savings. A part of the waste water is extracted using a vacuum system because none of the treatment plant's inlets...
- Using a vacuum or protective gas during the packaging process is one of today’s most common methods for hygienically packaging fresh meat, sausage goods and convenience products in portioned...
- Choosing the right vacuum supply can lead to huge cost savings in plastics processing. Mar-Bal, Incorporated has undertaken a critical review of the existing vacuum supply for injection molding...
- Vacuum technology has never stopped developing – not only in the recent past, but for decades it has continued to progress. Today, dry screw vacuum pumps are used in chemical processing technology...
- Thirteen years of continuous operation. That amounts to over 21.1 billion rotations at 50Hz. In mid-January 2018, a COBRA BC dry screw vacuum pump passed this remarkable milestone in a...
- We are pleased to announce that the Swiss-based engineering company NSB Gas Processing is now part of the global Busch group. The NSB Gas Processing business has been renamed Busch NSB AG and...
- Hormel Foods Corporation recently awarded Busch LLC the 2017 Spirit of Excellence Award, given every year to suppliers that play an important role in the company’s continuous improvement processes....
- Busch Vacuum Pumps and Systems has now launched an entirely new series of liquid ring vacuum pumps. The new Dolphin LM/LT vacuum pumps have been completely redesigned but are based on proven liquid...
- Selecting the right vacuum technology for chemical and pharmaceutical processing applications is often difficult. Firstly, a vacuum system has to deliver the required pumping speed at operating...
CompanyEngineering Outside the US
Press Releases, CompanyBusch Group and Pfeiffer Vacuum sign strategic cooperation agreement
Case StudiesReady for Industry 4.0: Self-Regulating Vacuum Pump Helps Save Energy
Case StudiesEfficient Biogas Production in a Digestion Tower by Means of Reliable Claw Compressors
Case Studies, ProductsDry Vacuum Systems for Centralization of Vacuum Supply
ProductsIt All Comes Down to the Operating Principle - Rotary Vane Vacuum PUMP Wins Vacuum Efficiency Test by Direct Comparison
Press Releases, ProductsVacuum Measurement Technology - Reconsidered
Case StudiesCapua 1880 Vacuum Distillation
Press ReleasesBusch Innovation in Vacuum Award 2018 for Lapierre
Press ReleasesBusch Group and Pfeiffer Vacuum Technology AG Pave the Way for Strategic Cooperation
Case StudiesHose Extrusion with Dry Vacuum Technology
Case StudiesHigh Energy Savings Thanks to Optimizing Control and Vacuum Technology
ProductsVacuum Packaging of Fresh Meat
Case StudiesLess Maintenance Thanks to the Centralization of the Vacuum Supply
ProductsLiquid Ring Vacuum Pumps - Classic Vacuum Technology and yet Still State of the Art
Products13 Years in Operation - COBRA BC Achieves Milestone at GlobalFoundries
Press ReleasesBusch Vacuum Pumps and Systems Acquires NSB Gas Processing
CompanyHormel Foods Honors Busch with a 2017 Spirit of Excellence Award
Press Releases, ProductsBusch Launches New Series of Dolphin Liquid Ring Vacuum Pumps
Case StudiesVacuum Technology for Chemical and Pharmaceutical Processes