Frequency-controlled vacuum pumps
The perfect match for your process
A variable speed drive (VSD) is a digital controller that regulates the rotational speed of a motor. It enables the pumping speed of a vacuum pump to be adapted exactly to the actual requirements of your process. The result: significant energy savings.
Busch offers a wide range of vacuum pumps with integrated VSD. With our Retrofit Kits you can easily upgrade your existing vacuum pumps.
Changing vacuum demand
Vacuum demand often varies within production processes. Ideally, the vacuum supply should be synchronized with demand. With a variable speed drive, vacuum pumps can be automatically adjusted to match variations in vacuum demand precisely. Reacting to fluctuations in demand makes considerable energy savings possible.
In scenarios with changing process parameters, we recommend vacuum pumps that can be controlled on a demand-driven basis and that either guarantee a consistent pumping speed or constantly maintain the required vacuum level.
Your benefits at a glance
- Up to 20 % more performance at 50 Hz (up to 60 Hz)
- Energy savings due to adjustment of pumping speed to process requirements
- Reduction of mechanical wear: longer service life
- Improvement of working conditions due to lower noise level
- Increased productivity thanks to flexible process regulation