Updated: May 25, 2018
Thank you for visiting our website and for your interest in our company and products. In the following, we have provided information about the collection of personal data when using our website www.buschvacuum.com.
If you are not located in the European Union, you can find the global data protection statement here.
Data protection statement
- You can print out or save this document by using the standard functionality of your browser (generally by clicking "File" > "Save as") or the website's implemented print function.
- If we use contracted service providers for individual functions on our website, or would like to use your data for marketing purposes, we will inform you of the details of the relevant procedures below. This also includes the stipulated criteria for the duration of storage.
- Unless otherwise described in the following sections, the legal basis for processing of personal data arises from the necessity of processing for the provision of the functionalities requested by you on this website (Article 6(1)(b) General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR).
Controller / Data Protection Officer
The controller pursuant to Article 4(7) GDPR is
Busch Dienste GmbH
79689 Maulburg, Germany
hereinafter referred to as "Busch", "we" or "us".
Additional information is available in our site notice.
- You can contact the Busch data protection officer as follows: email@example.com or using our postal address and adding "Attn: Data Protection Officer".
Provision of website and log files
For purely informational use of the website (i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information), we only collect the personal data that your browser automatically transmits to our server. When you access our website, we collect the following data that are technically necessary for us to display our website to you and guarantee its stability and security (the legal basis for this is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of request
- The time difference in relation to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of request (specific page)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- Data volume transferred in each case
- Website from which the request is received
- Browser name
- Operating system and its interface
- Browser language and version.
- User IP addresses are erased or anonymized after their use has ended. In the case of anonymization, IP addresses are changed in such a way that individual information regarding personal or material circumstances can no longer be allocated to an identifiable natural person, or identifying it with a natural person would involve a disproportionate amount of time, costs, and personnel.
- In addition to the log file data specified above, cookies are also stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are allocated to the browser you use and stored on your hard drive, and through which certain information passes to the entity that set the cookie (in this case, us). Cookies are not able to execute any programs, or transfer viruses to your computer. They are used to make the website more user-friendly and more effective overall.
This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained in the following:
- Session cookies (see section "Transient cookies")
- Persistent cookies (see section "Persistent cookies").
- Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These cookies save a session ID via which various requests by your browser can be allocated to the joint session. This enables your computer to be recognized the next time you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
- Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a specified duration, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies using your browser's security settings at any time.
- This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained in the following:
Why do we set cookies?
Settings and functionality
When you visit our website, the determined country and language, or the country and language you select yourself, are stored in cookies so that you don't have to select them again the next time you visit. An advance check as to whether your browser supports cookies is performed, and this information is stored in an additional cookie. The contact information localized to your country and language – which are also stored – are then shown to you. The legal basis for this is Article 6(1)(b) GDPR.
We use advertising cookies to assess the efficiency of our adverts and derive optimizations from this. Furthermore, we also use advertising cookies to address users of our website with targeted advertising messages on websites within the Google Inc. ("Google") display network (AdWords remarketing). The legal basis for this is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR.
In order to continually improve this website for our customers and interested parties, we use the Google Analytics web analytics service. By using these cookies, we receive information from Google regarding the use of our website. For example, we find out how often and in what order the individual pages have been accessed, and how much time visitors spend browsing our website. We also find out whether users have previously visited our website at an earlier point in time. The legal basis for this is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR.
See section"Web analytics services"of this data protection statement.
- Settings and functionality
Control of cookies
You can adjust your browser settings to meet your preferences and, for example, manage or refuse the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies as you prefer. You can delete existing cookies using your browser settings. Please note that you if you do this, you may not be able to use all the functions on this website.
Use of the online shop
- If you would like to place an order in our online shop, you will be required to provide the personal data that we need for processing your order so that the contract can be concluded. You will be required to register in order to enable this. The information required for this can be found in the online form. The mandatory information for processing contracts is marked separately; additional information is voluntary. Following our checks, the account (customer login) will be activated. We will process the data you have provided for the purposes of dealing with your order. To this end, we may transfer your payment details to our banks. The legal basis for this is Article 6(1)(b) GDPR.
- We may also process the information you have provided for the purposes of informing you of additional interesting products from our portfolio, or to send you e-mail with technical information. The legal basis for this is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR.
Due to specifications under commercial and tax law, we are required to store your address, payment, and order data for a duration of ten years. However, after the expiry of the statutory period of limitation we undertake a restriction of processing, meaning your data is only used for compliance with statutory retention obligations.
The order process is encrypted using TLS technology in order to prevent unauthorized access to your personal data by third parties.
For the sending of newsletters, we ask for your explicit consent and approval in relation to this data protection statement. With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter via which we inform you of current offers from our portfolio. We collect the following data in this process:
- Your e-mail address
- We use the double-opt-in procedure for our newsletter registration. This means that after you register, we send an e-mail to the address provided, asking for confirmation that you would like to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration, your information will be blocked, and erased after one month. In addition, we store the addresses used in each case, and the times of registration and confirmation. The purpose of this procedure is to verify your registration and where applicable to be able to clarify possible misuse of your personal data.
- After you have confirmed, we store your e-mail address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis for this is Article 6(1)(a) GDPR.
- You may at any time withdraw your consent to receiving the newsletter, and unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can declare your withdrawal of consent by sending an e-mail to www.buschvacuum.com or by messaging the contact details stated in the site notice.
- Your personal data will be erased. Your e-mail address will be stored for technical reasons in order to prevent you from receiving further newsletters from us in the future.
- Please note that we assess your user behavior when we send the newsletter. For this assessment, the sent e-mails contain web beacons and/or tracking pixels, which are single-pixel image files that are stored on our website. For the assessments, we link the data stated in the section"Provision of the website and log files"of this data protection statement and the web beacons with your e-mail address and your individual ID.
Contact form and e-mail contact
There is a contact form on our website that can be used for making contact with us electronically. First, please use the drop-down menu to select your country and therefore the correct local point of contact for your enquiry. Your request will automatically be sent to the locally relevant sales company within Busch Group. If a user chooses this option, the data entered in the online form shall be transferred to us and stored. The mandatory information required for the contact request is marked separately; additional information is voluntary.
In addition, the following data is stored at the time of sending:
- User's IP address
- Date and time the form was sent
- To enable your data to be processed, your consent is collected and reference is made to this data protection statement in the context of the send procedure. Alternatively, you may contact us using the e-mail address provided. In this case, the user's personal data transferred with the e-mail is stored. The data is used exclusively for processing the conversation.
- The legal basis for processing the data is the presence of the user's consent; Article 6(1)(a) GDPR. The legal basis for processing the data that is transferred in the course of sending an e-mail is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR. If the contact is geared towards concluding a contract, the additional legal basis for processing is Article 6(1)(b) GDPR.
- The processing of personal data from the input screen exclusively serves our processing of the contact. In the event of users contacting us by e-mail, there is also a necessary legitimate interest in the processing of data. The other personal data processed during the sending procedure are used to prevent misuse of the contact form and to ensure the security of our information systems.
- The data are deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary for achieving the purpose for which they were captured. This is the case for personal data entered on the contact form and data that has been sent by e-mail if the respective conversation with the user has ended. The conversation has ended if, based on the relevant circumstances, it can be seen that the relevant matters have been finally clarified. The IP address additionally collected during the sending procedure is anonymized directly after the sending procedure (see the section"Web analytics services"of this data protection statement).
- LiveChat, Inc. has signed up to and follows the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield framework agreement and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield framework agreement in accordance with the decree by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States. LiveChat, Inc. has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles.
- Information regarding the third-party provider: LiveChat, Inc. Attn: Privacy Officer, One International Place, Suite 1400, Boston, MA 02110-2619, USA, firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can opt out of the creation of a user profile, Hotjar's storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar's use of tracking cookies on other websites. To do this, please click on this link.
- Hotjar Limited, is a private limited liability company registered under the Laws of Malta with company number C 65490, having its registered address situated at Level 2, St Julian's Business Centre, 3, Elia Zammit Street, St Julian's STJ 1000, Malta. https://www.hotjar.com ("Hotjar")
- Processing of your personal data is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests (Article 6(1)(f) GDPR).
- We use the LinkedIn Conversion Tracking and Retargeting functionality of LinkedIn Ireland, Wilton Plaza, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland ("LinkedIn") to measure the results of our advertising campaigns on LinkedIn, make them more relevant, and re-target visitors of our website with personalized ads on LinkedIn or other websites.
- For this purpose, we have integrated a tracking pixel (LinkedIn Insight tag) on our website. The LinkedIn Insight tag enables LinkedIn to store a third-party cookie in your browser and to collect and store the following information: Your IP address and usage patterns on our website and other websites that contain a LinkedIn tracking pixel. If you sign into your LinkedIn account, LinkedIn may combine the collected data with your account and serve you targeted advertising on behalf of us or other advertisers. You might see those advertisements on LinkedIn or on third party websites.
- The collected information may also be transferred to LinkedIn's servers in the USA (LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA). As LinkedIn adheres to the principles of the the EU-US Privacy Shield this transfer is based on Art. 45 GDPR ((https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework)).
- Website visitors remain anonymous to us since we only receive access to tracking data in an aggregated form.
- Processing of your personal data is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests (Article 6(1)(f) GDPR).
- Our website uses the YouTube embed function in conjunction with the "advanced data protection mode" function to play videos from the provider YouTube. YouTube is a service provided by Google LLC., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google").
- To allow an embedded video to be played, our website establishes a connection to YouTube's server. YouTube videos are embedded on our website using the "advanced data protection mode" function. This "advanced data protection mode" function is provided by YouTube and YouTube thereby ensures that no cookies containing personal data are stored on your device. However, your IP address and the website you visited is recorded and processed by YouTube when you play a video. Nevertheless, this information cannot be allocated to you personally provided that you are not logged into YouTube or any other Google service when you accessed the video. If you are logged into YouTube or Google, however, YouTube will assign the connection information to your YouTube account and only cookies that do not contain personal data will be stored on your device. If you wish to prevent this from happening, you either have to log out of YouTube before visiting our website or change the relevant settings in your user account.
- Furthermore, a connection to the Google "DoubleClick" network will be established each time you visit this website, regardless of whether you play a video or not. Connecting to the Google network will trigger further data handling processes, over which we have no influence.
- According to its certification under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield data protection agreement, Google LLC (which is based in the USA) and its subsidiary YouTube guarantee that they adhere to the EU's data protection requirements.
Web analytics services
Busch uses the following third party web analytics and tracking services as described in detail below. The legal basis for this is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR.
- The IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Google Analytics will not be associated with other Google data.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser; however, please note that if you do this you may not be able to use all functions on this website to their full extent. In addition, you can prevent data created by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) from being transmitted to Google, and prevent this data being processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin provided by Google: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Instead of a browser plugin, or within browsers on mobile devices, an opt-out cookie can be set using the following link: Deactivate Google Analytics.
The opt-out cookie prevents future data collection by Google Analytics on this website. However, it only works in this browser and for this domain. If your cookies in this browser have been deleted, you do not need to click on the above-mentioned link again.
- This website uses Google Analytics with the "_anonymizeIp()" extension. This means that the IP addresses are processed in truncated form, which means that it is not possible to relate them to an individual. If a link to an individual is associated with the data collected concerning you, this will be immediately excluded and the personal data will therefore be immediately erased.
Demographic features of Google Analytics
This website uses the "demographic features" function of Google Analytics to create reports containing information about age, gender and interests of visitors. This data comes from interest-based advertising by Google and from visitor data from third-party providers, including Google Accounts, Gmail, YouTube and Google Display Network. The data cannot be assigned to a specific person. You may opt out of this functionality at any time by using the ad settings in your Google Account or opt out of the collection of your information by Google Analytics as described in this section.
- We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our website and improve it on an ongoing basis. We can use the statistics we obtain to improve our offering, and to make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has committed to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield (https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework). The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR.
Google AdWords Conversion Tracking
This website uses Google AdWords Conversion Tracking. The Conversion Tracking cookie is activated in the user's browser by Google AdWords when you click one of the adverts transmitted by Google. These cookies expire after 30 days. They are not used to collect personal identification data. If the user visits a certain page on this website and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and Busch will know that the user has clicked on the ad and has been directed to that page. Every Google AdWords customer receives a different cookie. As a result, cookies cannot be traced via the AdWords customer's website. Conversion statistics are generated from the data collected by the conversion cookies for AdWords customers who have selected conversion tracking. AdWords customers are notified of the total number of users who have clicked on the ad and have been redirected to a conversion tracking page. However, they do not receive any information that they can use to personally identify users. If you do not wish to participate in the tracking program, you can easily refuse to use this program by disabling the Google conversion tracking cookie in the personal settings of your Internet browser. You can also deactivate conversion tracking cookies at any time by setting your browser to block cookies from "googleadservices.com".
Google Tag Manager
- This website uses the Google Tag Manager as part of Google Analytics. Tags are small code elements on our website which are used, among other things, to measure traffic and visitor behaviour, capture the impact of online advertising and social media, use remarketing and targeting, and to test and optimize the website. Google Tag Manager is a solution that allows Busch to manage website tags via an interface. The Tag Manager tool itself (which implements the tags) is a cookie-free domain. The tool triggers other tags, which in turn may collect data. Google Tag Manager does not access this data. If deactivation has been implemented at domain or cookie level, it will remain in effect for all tracking tags implemented with Google Tag Manager.
- Further information on Google Tag Manager is available online at: https://www.google.com/analytics/tag-manager/use-policy/.
Google Analytics Remarketing
- Our website uses the functions of Google Analytics Remarketing together with the cross-device functions of Google AdWords and Google DoubleClick. The provider is Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
This function enables the advertising target groups created with Google Analytics Remarketing to be linked with the cross-device functions of Google AdWords and Google DoubleClick. In this way, interest-related, personalized advertising messages that have been adapted to you depending on your previous usage and surfing behavior on one device (e.g. mobile phone) can also be displayed on another of your devices (e.g. tablet or PC).
Once you give your permission, Google will link your web and app browsing history to your Google Account for that purpose. This way, the same personalized advertising messages can be delivered to every device you sign in with your Google Account.
To support this feature, Google Analytics collects Google-authenticated ID's of users that are temporarily linked to our Google Analytics data to define and create cross-device ad targeting.
You can permanently object to cross-device remarketing/targeting by disabling personalized advertising in your Google Account by following this link: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/
Further information and the data protection regulations can be found in Google's data protection declaration at: https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads?hl=en-GB
You can prevent the storage of cookies as further described in section "Web analytics services" of this data protection statement.
Bing Ads Conversion Tracking
- The online advertising program Bing Ads (https://secure.bingads.microsoft.com/ -> English) uses Bing conversion tracking, an analysis service from Bing. When clicking an ad delivered by Bing, a cookie for conversion tracking (UET) is stored on your computer.
- UET (Universal Event Tracking) collects the following data described in the Microsoft Privacy Statement https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement and Bing Ads retains it for 180 days. UET will also collect the IP address and the Microsoft cookie (with an expiration date of 13 months). This cookie contains a GUID assigned to the user's browser, and/or an ID assigned to a user if they logged in through their Microsoft account. In general, the cookie in the relevant domain and IP address are always passed with every http request and not just via UET. Bing Ads doesn't resell this data to third parties or share it with other advertisers.
- For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Microsoft has committed to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome. The legal basis for the use of Bing Ads is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR.
- Information regarding the third-party provider: Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052-6399, USA. https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement
If personal data concerning you is processed, you are the data subject as defined by GDPR and you are due the following rights with respect to us as the controller:
Rights in accordance with Article 15 et seqq. GDPR
You have the right to access in accordance with Article 15 GDPR. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to rectification in accordance with Article 16 GDPR, the right to restriction of processing in accordance with Article 18 GDPR and the right to erasure ("right to be forgotten") in accordance with Article 17 GDPR. In addition, you have the right to the data you have provided being disclosed in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (right to data portability) in accordance with Article 20 GDPR, in as far as processing takes place with the aid of automated procedures, and is based on consent in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) or Article 9(2)(a) GDPR, or a contract pursuant to Article 6(1)(b) GDPR. With regard to the right to access and the right to erasure, the restrictions in accordance with sections 34 and 35 of the German Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz, BDSG) apply.
Right to revoke consent according to Article 7 (3) GDPR
You can revoke your consent to the processing of personal data at any time. This also applies to the revocation of declarations of consent that were given to us before the EU General Data Protection Regulation came into effect, i.e. before 25 May 2018. Please note that the revocation will only take effect in the future. Processing that took place before the revocation is not affected by this.
Right to lodge complaints
You have the option of contacting us or a supervisory authority for data protection to lodge a complaint, in particular in the member state of your place of residence, your place of work, or the place of the suspected breach.
Right to object
In addition to the rights specified above, you are also entitled to a right to object in accordance with Article 21 GDPR as follows:
Case-specific right to object
You have the right to at any time submit an objection to the processing – that takes place based on Article 6(1)(e) GDPR (data processing in the public interest) and Article 6(1)(f) GDPR (data processing on the basis of a balancing of interests) – of personal data concerning you, for reasons that arise from your particular situation; this also applies for profiling based on this provision as defined by Article 4(4) GDPR.
If you submit an objection, we will not process your personal data unless we are able to prove binding legitimate grounds for such processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Right to object to processing of data for marketing purposes
In individual cases we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for the purposes of such marketing; this also applies to profiling insofar as this is associated with direct marketing. If you object to processing for the purposes of direct marketing, we will no longer process your personal data for this purpose.
The objection may be submitted in any format to the body detailed under the section"Basic information"of this data protection statement.
- Case-specific right to object
The supervisory authority relevant for Busch, which is headquartered in Maulburg, Germany, can be contacted as follows:
Der Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit
Postfach 10 29 32
Phone: +49 711 615541-0
Fax: +49 711 615541-15
As a rule, we do not use any automated decision-making pursuant to Article 22 GDPR to justify and implement the business relationship.
In order to provide you with targeted information and advice regarding products, we – or service providers on our behalf – may use web analytics tools, and in particular tracking technology. These enable demand-oriented communication and advertising. Please refer to the section"Web analytics services"of this data protection statement.